No matter how much I service and look over my rigs, it’s inevitable that a few days before I am set to leave on a trip with said vehicle, I find something worn or broken. My upcoming trek to Moab has proved to be the same old story for my Jeep Wrangler TJ. After changing the fluids, paint marking every nut and bolt I could, and giving it a close onceover, again; I found that the front unit bearing had some slop in it and the passenger side steering link rod end was shot.
Fortunately, both were relatively easy fixes and hopefully nothing else new will arise before I strap the Jeep onto my trailer. Thanks again to the guys at Low Range 4x4 for the hand and use of a lift.