So I decided not to scrap the flattie I started working on while I was still at Jp Magazine. Today I located the rear axle, mocked up the rear suspension, and tack-welded the mounts in place. Then I went to work up front.
It should be a roller pretty quickly if I can maintain momentum. I just need to decide what I want to use for springs. Since it's comprised mostly of wrecking-yard parts I'm a little reluctant to slap on some expensive coilovers. Plus I really don't like the way coilovers perform for the kind of wheeling I like to do. And honestly, they don't really match the theme of this Jeep. Anyway, I'll likely have to go find some really light spring-rate and small diameter coils. Possibly off of a small car. Maybe it's time for a trip to the wrecking yard.