To meet the demand of off-roaders looking to strengthen their current axles without going to the expense and weight penalties of a larger axle assembly, ARB has just released the latest Nissan ARB Air Locker. Designed for the M226 Nissan axles found in 2005+ Nissan Frontiers, Titans and Xterras; referred to as ARB part number RD149, this locker is sure to get you farther in the U.S. outback then you ever have before.
As with other ARB Air Locker models, the RD149 features ARB’s patented “timed” locking mechanism that optimizes the Air Locker’s internal gear mesh in the locked configuration and increases the unlocking speed all at the touch of a dash mounted switch. Complete with the proven steel reinforced, elastomer bonded annular seal, this Air Locker is designed to handle the most extreme climatic temperatures on earth. Using the very latest in parametric solid modeling systems and analysis packages, ARB’s engineering team was able to perform comprehensive, live and virtual testing to develop a most impressive final product.
ARB is currently taking pre orders for the RD149 Nissan M226 air locker. This locker is expected to be in stock November 2008.
Application Description Part No. Retail
2005+ Nissan Titan Rear M226, 32 Spline Air Locker RD149 $984.94
2005+ Nissan Xterra Rear M226, 32 Spline Air Locker RD149 $984.94
2005+ Nissan Frontier Rear M226, 32 Spline Air Locker RD149 $984.94
ARB Air Locker Features
- Provides 100% traction on demand without affecting on road drivability or driveline wear.
- Vastly improved traction means less reliance on momentum, which reduces the likelihood of vehicle
damage or environmental impact.
- Easy, convenient operation allows the user to concentrate on the terrain without leaving the comfort and
safety of the drivers seat.
- Ultra durable and extremely strong - only highest quality materials used in construction.
- Incredibly simple yet effective design that employs minimal moving parts, thereby ensuring maximum
- Thoroughly tested and proven design- trusted and used in over 80 countries around the world.
ARB Corporation Limited is Australia’s largest and industry leading manufacturer and distributor of quality, 4WD vehicle accessories, with distribution in more than 100 countries worldwide.
The company manufactures and stocks the worlds most respected, sought after brands including ARB Air Locker locking differentials and bumpers; Old Man Emu (OME) customized suspension systems, IPF high performance lighting, and Safari snorkel systems. ARB’s Seattle office is the North, South & Central American headquarters and importer of ARB 4x4 Accessories.
--Sean P. Holman
Tech Editor Four Wheeler Magazine